- Min Xue and Chuan-Feng Chen* Triptycene-Derived N(H)-Bridged Azacalixarenes: Synthesis, Structure, and Encapsulation of Small Neutral Molecules in the Solid State, Org. Lett. 2009, 11, 5294–5297.
- Xiao-Hong Tian, Xiang Hao, Tong-Ling Liang and Chuan-Feng Chen*, Triptycene-derived calixarenes: synthesis, structure and tubular assemblies in the solid state, Chem. Commun. 2009,6771–6773.
- Jing Cao, Hai-Yan Lu, Xiao-Jun You, Qi-Yu Zheng and Chuan-Feng Chen*, Complexation of a Pentiptycene-Based Tweezer-Like Receptor with Paraquat Derivatives: Ion-Controlled Binding and Release of the Guests, Org. Lett. 2009, 11,4446–4449.
- Yong Yang, Min Xue, Jun-Feng Xiang and Chuan-Feng Chen,* Noncovalent Synthesis of Shape-Persistent Cyclic Hexamers from Ditopic Hydrazide-Based Supramolecular Synthons and Asymmetric Induction of Supramolecular Chirality, J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2009, 131, 12657–12663.
- Zhen-Xiang, Xu, Zhi-Tang Huang and Chuan-Feng Chen,* Synthesis and structures of novel enantiopure inherently chiral calixarene-derived salphen ligands and their transition-metal complexes, Tetrahedron Lett. 2009, 50, 5430–5433.
- Jing Cao, Hai-Yan Lu and Chuan-Feng Chen*, Synthesis, structures and properties of peripheral o-dimethoxy-substituted pentiptycene quinones and their o-quinone derivatives, Tetrahedron 2009, 65, 8104–8112.
- Jing Cao, Yi Jiang, Jian-Min Zhao and Chuan-Feng Chen*, A pentiptycene-based bis(crown ether) host: synthesis and its complexation with cyclobis(paraquat-p-phenylene), Chem. Commun.2009, 1987–1989.
- Jian-Min Zhao, Hai-Yan Lu, Jing Cao, Yi Jiang and Chuan-Feng Chen,* Highly selective synthesis of triptycene o-quinone derivatives and their optical and electrochemical properties, Tetrahedron Lett. 2009, 50, 219–222.
- Ru Miao, Zhen-Xiang Xu, Zhi-Tang Huang and Chuan-Feng Chen,* Enantiopure inherently chiral calixarene derivatives containing quinolin-2-yl-methanol moiety: synthesis and application in the catalytic asymmetric addition of diethylzinc to benzaldehyde, Sci ChinaSer B-Chem. 2009, 52, 505–512.
- Hai-Yu Hu, Wei Xue, Zhi-Qiang Hu, Jun-Feng Xiang and Chuan-Feng Chen*, Sheng-Gui He*, Probing the Dynamic Environment-Associated Conformational Conversion from Secondary to Supersecondary Structures in Oligo(Phenanthroline Dicarboxamide)s, J. Org. Chem. 2009, 74, 4949–4957.
- Hai-Yu Hu, Jun-Feng Xiang and Chuan-Feng Chen*,Conformationally constrained aromatic oligoamide foldamers with supersecondary structure motifs, Org. Biomol. Chem. 2009,7, 2534–2539.